Hotel Photos
Hotel Photos Hotel Photos Hotel Photos Hotel Photos
  • Hotel Summary

    Summary Page

  • Rooms & Prices

    Rooms From £117.50

    Book Online Now

  • Customer Reviews

    View Our Customer Reviews

  • Local Attractions

    Local Attractions near Us

Welcome to The Lounge Hotel and Bar

Address: Mitre House, Penrith, CA11 7AJ

Hotel Description

Located in Penrith in Cumbria, just 7 miles from the Lake District Park, The Lounge Hotel & Bar offers a restaurant and a bar, just 5 miles from Lake Ullswater. Free Wi-Fi and free private parking are available on site. Each room comes with a flat-screen TV, a wardrobe and a seating area, together with tea and coffee making facilities. It also has an en suite bathroom with bathtub or shower, free toiletries and a hairdryer. Guests can also stay in a three-bedroom apartment offering a seating area and a fully equipped kitchen with stove, microwave and electric kettle. Its bathroom is fitted with free toiletries, hairdryer and bathtub or shower. Every morning, a full English breakfast with bacon, sausages, Danish Pastries and Croissants is served for guests staying in the guest rooms, while the apartment is self-catering. The restaurant serves homemade food and an extensive wine list. Local attractions include Penrith Castle, 5 minutes’ walk away, while Penrith Golf Club is 1.5 miles away. Guests can access M6 Motorway just 1 mile away at Junction 40 and Penrith Railway Station is 10 minutes’ walk away.

Our Facilities

  • Restaurant
  • Bar

Rooms & Online Bookings - The Lounge Hotel and Bar

Hotel Reviews - The Lounge Hotel and Bar

Be the first to Write a Review!

Attractions - The Lounge Hotel and Bar

Brougham Castle - Cumbria - Castle

Brougham Castle - Cumbria - Castle

Distance 1.41 miles (2.25 km)
Brougham Castle was built by Robert de Vieuxpont in 1214 on the site of a Roman fort. The great tower largely survives, though later buildings were destroyed by fire in 1521. The keep and service buildings were surrounded by a timber palisade, replaced by Robert Clifford with a stone curtain wall C. 1300. He further strengthened the castle against attacks from the Scots and it was to prove vital during the Anglo-Scottish wars and the Wars of the Roses. Broughams military usefulness diminished after medieval times and there were periods of neglect, when the owners preferred to live elsewhere. It was also once home to Lady Anne Clifford, who inherited it in 1643. Today, the site features an introductory exhibition, including carved stones from the nearby Roman fort.