Hotel Photos
  • Hotel Summary

    Summary Page

  • Rooms & Prices

    Rooms From £70.00

    Book Online Now

  • Customer Reviews

    View Our Customer Reviews

  • Local Attractions

    Local Attractions near Us

Welcome to Whinward House

Address: Whinacres, Conwy, LL32 8ET

Hotel Description

On the edge of Snowdonia National Park, the 4-star Whinward House is just 10 minutes’ walk from Conwy's centre. This traditional guest house offers scenic views, free Wi-Fi and cooked breakfasts. The elegant bedrooms feature stylish bedding and modern bathrooms with quality toiletries. All rooms feature a TV/DVD player, and guests have access to a free DVD library. Hearty breakfasts are served daily in the spacious dining room, with vegetarian options available. Special dietary needs can be catered for with prior notice. Breakfast includes homemade bread, local jams and fresh coffee. Whinward House bed and breakfast also features a comfortable lounge and conservatory, where guests have access to a refrigerator, TV and DVD player. Situated just 10 minutes’ walk from Conwy Marina, the Whinward Guest House is a 5-minute drive from Conwy Golf Club. Free on-site parking is available, and Llandudno is a 15-minute drive away.

Rooms & Online Bookings - Whinward House

Hotel Reviews - Whinward House

Be the first to Write a Review!

Attractions - Whinward House

Plas Mawr Elizabethan Town House - Museum

Plas Mawr Elizabethan Town House - Museum

Distance 0.63 miles (1.01 km)
At the heart of Medieval Conwy stands Plas Mawr, the "Great Hall", built between 1576 and 1585 for the Welsh merchant, Robert Wynn. This richly decorated building is an architectural gem, possibly the best preserved Elizabethan townhouse in Great Britain. It dominates the town of Conwy with its gatehouse, stepped gables and lookout tower. This "worthy plentiful house" is especially noted for the quality and quantity of its ornamental plasterwork, now fully restored to its original splendour. Plas Mawr's authentic period atmosphere is further enhanced by furnishings, many original to the house, based on an inventory of the contents in 1665.The interior with its elaborately decorated plaster ceilings and fine wooden screens, reflects the wealth and influence of the Tudor gentry in Wales.