Hotel Photos
Hotel Photos Hotel Photos Hotel Photos Hotel Photos
  • Hotel Summary

    Summary Page

  • Rooms & Prices

    Rooms From £68.80

    Book Online Now

  • Customer Reviews

    View Our Customer Reviews

  • Local Attractions

    Local Attractions near Us

Welcome to Best Western Plus Castle Inn

Address: Bassenthwaite Nr. Keswick, Bassenthwaite, CA12 4RG

Hotel Description

Originally a coaching inn dating back to 1770, the Best Western Plus Castle Inn is now a modern venue with views of Bassenthwaite Lake. Set in the beautiful Lake District, it offers free Wi-Fi, a pool and sauna. Each bright room has a TV, radio and free tea and coffee. Every private bathroom includes a hairdryer while some also feature bathrobes. Ironing facilities are also available on request. Guests can take advantage of the hotel's extensive leisure facilities, which include a spa pool, steam room, tennis courts and a games room. The hotel is set beneath some of England’s highest fells, with large, quiet gardens providing views over Skiddaw. The scenic shores of Bassenthwaite Lake can be reached with a 15-minute walk. Ritson's Restaurant serves international and local dishes including hearty Cumberland breakfasts. With exposed wooden beams, relaxed Lakers Bar offers real ales and bar meals.

Our Facilities

  • Restaurant
  • Bar
  • Laundry Service

Rooms & Online Bookings - Best Western Plus Castle Inn

Hotel Reviews - Best Western Plus Castle Inn

Be the first to Write a Review!

Attractions - Best Western Plus Castle Inn

Isel Hall - Historical Houses

Isel Hall - Historical Houses

Distance 3.52 miles (5.62 km)
The Elizabethan Range and fortified Pele Tower of Isel Hall dominates the landscape in its magical setting above the River Derwent. From the formal gardens the ground drops down to the river and offers views of the 11th Century Church and Skiddaw. Continuously inhabited since Norman times it passed from its original occupiers, the Engane family, their heirs and successors by family connections to the present owner. In Elizabethan times they were the Leighs and from 1573-1986 the Lawson family inherited. The last male heir of that family, Sir Wilfred Lawson, died in 1936 when it passed to his nephew, Hilton, and then to Hilton's cousin Mrs Margaret Austen Leigh, who died in 1986 and left it to the present owner.